Visit the Subic Bay Marine Exploratorium in Subic (Zambales)
Visit the Subic Bay Marine Exploratorium in Zambales, Philippines
If you're looking for a fun and educational experience in the Philippines, the Subic Bay Marine Exploratorium is definitely worth a visit. Located in the city of Subic in Zambales, this world-class marine park and aquarium is home to a wide variety of marine animals and offers a range of exciting activities for visitors of all ages.
The Subic Bay Marine Exploratorium is located at the Subic Bay Freeport Zone, which is easily accessible by car or public transportation. The approximate latitude and longitude of the park is 14.8192° N, 120.2707° E. If you're coming from Manila, it's about a 2-3 hour drive depending on traffic.
What to expect
Once you arrive at the park, you'll be greeted by a giant statue of a dolphin and the sound of splashing water. The park is divided into several sections, each with its own unique attractions and exhibits:
- Ocean Adventure – This section of the park features a variety of shows and performances featuring dolphins, sea lions, and other marine animals. You can also take part in interactive activities like swimming with the dolphins or feeding the sea lions.
- Sea Trek – If you're feeling adventurous, you can try out the Sea Trek experience, which allows you to walk on the ocean floor and get up close and personal with a variety of marine creatures.
- Aquarium – The park's aquarium is home to over 10,000 marine animals, including sharks, rays, and tropical fish. You can explore the exhibits on your own or take a guided tour.
- Marine Conservation – The Subic Bay Marine Exploratorium is dedicated to promoting marine conservation and education. You can learn about the park's efforts to protect marine life and participate in activities like beach cleanups and tree planting.
Tips for visiting
Here are a few things to keep in mind when visiting the Subic Bay Marine Exploratorium:
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as you'll be doing a lot of walking around the park.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat, as the park can get quite hot and sunny.
- Be prepared for crowds, especially on weekends and holidays.
- Consider purchasing tickets online in advance to avoid long lines at the park entrance.
Overall, the Subic Bay Marine Exploratorium is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in marine life and conservation. With its impressive exhibits, exciting activities, and commitment to sustainability, it's sure to be a highlight of your trip to the Philippines.