Taal Heritage Town in Batangas
Taal Heritage Town
Taal Heritage Town is a small, charming town located in Batangas City, Philippines. It is known for its well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture and rich cultural heritage.
Taal Heritage Town is approximately 2 hours away from Manila by car. You can also take a bus from Manila to Batangas City and then take a jeepney or tricycle to Taal Heritage Town.
What to See and Do
Here are some of the must-see attractions in Taal Heritage Town:
- Taal Basilica - This is the largest Catholic church in Asia and is a popular pilgrimage site.
- Casa Villavicencio - This is a beautifully restored ancestral house that gives you a glimpse of the lifestyle of the wealthy during the Spanish colonial period.
- Our Lady of Caysasay Shrine - This is a small chapel that houses the miraculous image of Our Lady of Caysasay.
- Taal Public Market - This is a bustling market where you can find local delicacies, souvenirs, and handicrafts.
- Taal Lake - This is a picturesque lake that offers a scenic view of the town and the surrounding mountains.
Where to Eat
Don't miss out on the local cuisine in Taal Heritage Town. Here are some of the best places to eat:
- Cafe G - This is a cozy cafe that serves delicious coffee and pastries.
- Don Juan Boodle House - This is a popular restaurant that serves traditional Filipino dishes.
- Paradores Del Castillo - This is a charming hotel that also serves excellent food.
Where to Stay
If you want to spend the night in Taal Heritage Town, here are some of the best accommodations:
- Villa Tortuga - This is a beautiful colonial-style house that has been converted into a bed and breakfast.
- Casa Cecilia - This is a charming hotel that is located in a restored ancestral house.
- Paradores Del Castillo - This is a boutique hotel that is located in a beautifully restored Spanish colonial building.
Taal Heritage Town is a hidden gem that is definitely worth a visit. With its rich history, beautiful architecture, and delicious cuisine, it is sure to be a memorable experience. So pack your bags and head on over to Taal Heritage Town!