Caleruega Church in Batangas
Caleruega Church Guide
Caleruega Church, also known as the Transfiguration Chapel, is a popular wedding destination located in Nasugbu, Batangas. Its serene and picturesque surroundings make it a perfect place for couples to exchange their vows.
Caleruega Church is situated in Barangay Kaylaway, Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas, Philippines. Its approximate coordinates are 14.0489° N, 120.8168° E.
The church was built in 1995 by the Dominican Fathers. It was inspired by the hillside town of Caleruega in Spain, the birthplace of St. Dominic de Guzman, the founder of the Dominican Order.
The church's design is a fusion of Filipino and Mediterranean styles. The chapel's façade is made of stone and has a wooden door with intricate carvings. Inside, the church features a modern yet rustic design with wooden pews and a soaring ceiling made of wood and glass.
Aside from the church, Caleruega also has other attractions that visitors can enjoy. These include:
- The Hanging Bridge - a suspension bridge that spans a small creek
- The Garden - a landscaped garden with a gazebo and a view of the surrounding mountains
- The Hill - a hilltop overlooking the Taal Lake and Volcano
Caleruega Church also offers various activities for visitors, such as:
- Spiritual Retreats - the church offers retreats for individuals and groups who want to strengthen their faith and deepen their relationship with God
- Weddings - the church is a popular wedding destination because of its beautiful surroundings and serene atmosphere
- Photography - the church's picturesque surroundings make it a favorite location for photoshoots and prenuptial shoots
How to Get There
From Manila, take the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and exit at Sta. Rosa. Follow the road to Tagaytay and turn right at the Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway. Continue driving until you reach Barangay Kaylaway in Nasugbu. Caleruega Church is located on the right side of the road.