Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden in Chonburi
Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden is a 500-acre garden located in the Chonburi city of Chon Buri, Thailand. It is approximately 100 km southeast of Bangkok and has been open to the public since 1980. The garden is a popular tourist destination for its beautiful landscapes, cultural shows, and elephant rides.
The garden is divided into several sections, each with its own unique attractions:
- Tropical Palm Garden - featuring more than 1,000 species of palms
- Butterfly Hill - a hillside garden filled with colorful butterflies
- French Garden - inspired by the gardens of Versailles
- Stonehenge Garden - featuring replicas of the famous stone structures
- Orchid Garden - home to over 670 native orchid species
- Thai Cultural Hall - showcasing traditional Thai dances and costumes
- Elephant Show - watch these majestic creatures perform tricks and play games
The garden is located at 34/1 Moo 7, Tambon Na Chom Thian, Sattahip District, Chon Buri 20250, Thailand. The approximate latitude and longitude are 12.8389° N, 100.9314° E. Visitors can take a taxi or a bus from Bangkok to the garden. The journey takes approximately 2 hours by car or 3 hours by bus.
Opening Hours and Fees
The garden is open daily from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Admission fees are 500 THB for adults and 300 THB for children (as of 2021). Additional fees apply for elephant rides and cultural shows.
Tips for Visitors
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes as the garden is quite large and there is a lot of walking involved
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, and plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Plan to spend at least 3-4 hours at the garden to fully explore all the attractions
- Check the schedule for the cultural shows and elephant rides and plan your visit accordingly