Explore Lan Ha Bay in Cat Ba Island
Lan Ha Bay is located in the Cat Ba Island city of Hai Phong, Vietnam. It is a hidden gem that is less touristy than its famous neighbor, Halong Bay. However, it is equally stunning with its emerald waters and limestone cliffs.
How to Get There
The easiest way to get to Lan Ha Bay is to take a ferry from Cat Ba Island. You can also take a tour from Hanoi that includes transportation to and from Lan Ha Bay.
Things to Do
- Explore the limestone caves and grottoes
- Kayak or paddleboard through the calm waters
- Swim and snorkel in the clear waters
- Visit the floating fishing villages and learn about their way of life
- Take a sunset cruise and watch the sky turn orange and pink
Where to Stay
There are several hotels and guesthouses on Cat Ba Island that offer tours to Lan Ha Bay. Some popular options include:
- Cat Ba Sunrise Resort
- Monkey Island Resort
- Cat Ba Island Resort & Spa
Alternatively, you can also stay on a boat overnight and wake up to the stunning scenery of Lan Ha Bay.
Approximate Latitude and Longitude
20.8000° N, 107.0000° E