Pham Ngu Lao Street in Ho Chi Minh City
Guide to Pham Ngu Lao Street in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Pham Ngu Lao Street is a bustling and vibrant area of Ho Chi Minh City, located in the heart of the city's District 1. The street is approximately 10.7681° N, 106.6942° E.
Pham Ngu Lao Street was named after a Vietnamese revolutionary and politician who played a key role in the country's struggle for independence from French colonial rule. Today, the street is known for its vibrant nightlife and backpacker culture.
Things to do
- Visit the War Remnants Museum, which provides a sobering look at the Vietnam War and its aftermath.
- Explore the vibrant street food scene, with vendors selling everything from banh mi sandwiches to pho noodle soup.
- Check out the local markets, including the Ben Thanh Market, which offers a wide variety of goods and souvenirs.
- Take a walking tour of the area, which is filled with colorful buildings and lively street performers.
- Relax at one of the many bars and cafes, which offer a mix of local and international cuisine and drinks.
Pham Ngu Lao Street is known for its backpacker culture, and there are many affordable hostels and guesthouses in the area. Some popular options include:
- Backpacker Hostel
- Nguyen Khang Hotel
- Pham Ngu Lao Street Homestay
Pham Ngu Lao Street is located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City's District 1, and is easily accessible by taxi or public transportation. The street is approximately 30 minutes by car from Tan Son Nhat International Airport.