Osmeña Peak in Cebu
Osmeña Peak is the highest peak in the province of Cebu, Philippines. It stands at 1,013 meters above sea level and offers a stunning view of the surrounding landscape.
The peak is located in the municipality of Dalaguete, which is about 85 kilometers south of Cebu City. There are several ways to get there:
- By car - You can rent a car or hire a taxi to take you there. The journey takes about 2-3 hours.
- By bus - You can take a Ceres bus from the Cebu South Bus Terminal to Dalaguete. From there, you can take a motorcycle (habal-habal) to the peak.
What to Expect
The trek to the peak takes about 30-45 minutes, depending on your pace. The trail is well-maintained and easy to follow. Along the way, you will pass by vegetable farms and small communities.
Once you reach the peak, you will be rewarded with a breathtaking view of the surrounding hills and the sea. On a clear day, you can even see the neighboring island of Negros.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes suitable for hiking.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks.
- Apply sunscreen and wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Be respectful of the environment and do not litter.
Approximate latitude and longitude of Osmeña Peak: 9.7873° N, 123.5345° E