Explore the Dakrong Nature Reserve in Quang Tri Province
Explore the Dakrong Nature Reserve in Quang Tri Province of Vietnam
If you are a nature lover, then the Dakrong Nature Reserve in Quang Tri Province of Vietnam is a must-visit destination for you. This reserve is located in the central highlands of Vietnam, approximately at a latitude of 16.9623° N and longitude of 106.7794° E.
About the Reserve
The Dakrong Nature Reserve is spread over an area of 22,000 hectares and is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. The reserve is named after the Dakrong River, which flows through it and is a major source of water for the region. The reserve is also known for its rich cultural heritage and is home to several ethnic minority communities.
Things to Do
There are several activities that you can indulge in when visiting the Dakrong Nature Reserve:
- Trekking: The reserve has several trekking trails that take you through some of the most beautiful landscapes in the region. You can also trek to some of the remote villages in the reserve and experience the local culture.
- Bird Watching: The reserve is home to over 300 species of birds, making it a paradise for bird watchers.
- Camping: You can camp in the reserve and enjoy the serene surroundings and the starry night sky.
- Visit Ethnic Minority Villages: The reserve is home to several ethnic minority communities, and you can visit their villages and learn about their culture and way of life.
- River Rafting: The Dakrong River is ideal for river rafting, and you can experience the thrill of navigating the rapids.
How to Get There
The Dakrong Nature Reserve is located approximately 90 km northwest of Hue City. You can hire a taxi or a motorbike from Hue to reach the reserve. You can also take a public bus from Hue to Dakrong Town and then hire a motorbike to reach the reserve.
The Dakrong Nature Reserve is a hidden gem in Vietnam, and a visit to this reserve is an unforgettable experience. So, pack your bags and head to this beautiful reserve to reconnect with nature and experience the local culture.