Pinto Art Museum in Rizal Province
Pinto Art Museum Guide
The Pinto Art Museum is located in the Rizal Province of the Philippines, specifically in the city of Antipolo. It is a private museum that showcases contemporary Filipino art and culture.
The museum was founded by Dr. Joven Cuanang, a neurologist and art collector, in 2010. It is situated on a sprawling 1.3-hectare property that features lush gardens and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
The Pinto Art Museum houses a vast collection of over 300 paintings, sculptures, and installations by some of the most prominent Filipino artists of the 20th and 21st centuries. The artworks are displayed in various galleries and exhibition spaces throughout the museum.
Some of the notable artists whose works are featured in the museum include:
- Elmer Borlongan
- Benedicto Cabrera
- Marina Cruz
- Manuel Ocampo
- Jose Tence Ruiz
The Pinto Art Museum also has several facilities that visitors can enjoy:
- Café Rizal - a restaurant that serves Filipino and international cuisine
- Museum Shop - a store that sells souvenirs, books, and artworks
- Events Pavilion - a venue that can accommodate up to 150 guests for weddings, parties, and other events
The Pinto Art Museum is located at 1 Sierra Madre St., Grand Heights, Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines. The approximate latitude and longitude of the museum are 14.6078° N, 121.1816° E.
From Manila, you can take a bus or jeepney to Antipolo and then ride a tricycle or taxi to the museum. You can also hire a private car or join a guided tour.
Tips for Visitors
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes as the museum has several outdoor areas and stairs.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen as it can get hot during the day.
- Take your time exploring the museum and appreciate the art and the surroundings.
- Don't forget to try the delicious food at Café Rizal.
- Respect the artworks and the property by not touching or damaging them.
Visiting the Pinto Art Museum is a wonderful way to immerse yourself in Filipino art and culture. With its beautiful location, impressive collection, and excellent facilities, it is definitely worth a visit.