Dochula Pass in Bhutan
Dochula Pass - A Guide to Bhutan's Scenic Beauty
Dochula Pass is a mountain pass located in the country of Bhutan. It is approximately 31 km away from the capital city of Thimphu and sits at an altitude of 3,100 meters (10,171 feet). The pass offers a stunning panoramic view of the Himalayan mountain range, making it a popular tourist destination.
The easiest way to reach Dochula Pass is by hiring a taxi or car from Thimphu. The journey takes about an hour and passes through picturesque landscapes and traditional Bhutanese villages. It is advisable to start early in the morning to avoid traffic and crowds.
Things to Do
Once you reach Dochula Pass, there are a variety of activities to enjoy:
- Take in the breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountain range
- Visit the Druk Wangyal Lhakhang temple, which was built to honor Bhutan's fourth king
- Enjoy a picnic with family and friends in the scenic surroundings
- Take a leisurely walk along the nature trails and enjoy the fresh mountain air
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Dochula Pass is between October and December when the skies are clear and the views are spectacular. This is also the time when the annual Dochula Druk Wangyel Festival takes place, which features traditional Bhutanese dances and music.
Things to Remember
When visiting Dochula Pass, it is important to keep in mind:
- Wear warm clothing as the weather can be chilly, even in the summer months
- Respect the local customs and traditions when visiting the Druk Wangyal Lhakhang temple
- Take care of the environment and do not litter in the area
Dochula Pass is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Bhutan. With its stunning views of the Himalayan mountain range and peaceful surroundings, it is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Plan your trip today and experience the beauty of Dochula Pass for yourself!
Latitude: 27.4418° N
Longitude: 89.6783° E