Explore Inle Lake in Myanmar (Burma)
Explore Inle Lake in Myanmar (Burma) - A Guide
Inle Lake is a freshwater lake located in the Shan State of Myanmar (Burma) with an approximate latitude of 20.5868° N and longitude of 96.9103° E. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, known for its scenic beauty, unique culture, and traditional way of life.
The nearest airport to Inle Lake is Heho Airport, which is about a 45-minute drive away. From there, you can take a taxi or bus to the lake. Alternatively, you can take a bus or train from Yangon or Mandalay to Nyaungshwe, the main town near Inle Lake.
Things to Do
There are many things to do and see around Inle Lake. Here are some of the most popular:
- Take a boat tour around the lake - This is the best way to see the lake and its surroundings. You can hire a boat with a local guide who will take you to see the floating gardens, traditional villages, and monasteries.
- Visit the Inle Lake Floating Market - This market is held every five days in different villages around the lake. Here you can buy fresh produce, handicrafts, and souvenirs.
- Explore the Shan State Cultural Museum - This museum is located in Nyaungshwe and showcases the culture and history of the Shan State.
- Visit the Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda - This pagoda is one of the most important religious sites in Myanmar and is located on the lake. It houses five Buddha statues that are covered in gold leaf.
- Hike to the Red Mountain Estate Vineyards & Winery - This winery is located on a hill overlooking the lake and offers stunning views. You can take a guided tour of the vineyards and taste some of their wines.
Where to Stay
There are many accommodation options around Inle Lake, ranging from budget guesthouses to luxury resorts. Some popular options include:
- Inle Princess Resort
- Amata Garden Resort
- Golden Island Cottage
- Inle Lake View Resort & Spa
- Paramount Inle Resort
Inle Lake is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Myanmar (Burma). Its unique culture, stunning scenery, and traditional way of life make it a truly unforgettable experience.