Rotary Dolls Museum in Rajkot
About the Museum
The Rotary Dolls Museum is located in the city of Rajkot in the state of Gujarat, India. It is a unique museum that showcases dolls from all over the world. The museum was established in 2001 by the Rotary Club of Rajkot Midtown with the aim of promoting cultural exchange and understanding among people of different countries and communities.
The museum has over 1,600 dolls on display, representing more than 100 countries. The dolls are arranged in different sections, according to the continents they come from. Some of the most popular exhibits include:
- The Indian section, which features dolls dressed in traditional costumes from different states of India.
- The African section, which showcases the colorful and vibrant dolls from different African countries.
- The American section, which includes dolls dressed in costumes from different Native American tribes.
- The European section, which displays dolls in traditional costumes from different European countries.
- The Asian section, which features dolls from countries like Japan, China, and Thailand.
- The Middle Eastern section, which showcases dolls from countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Egypt.
The museum has a gift shop where visitors can buy souvenirs and dolls from different countries. It also has a cafeteria that serves snacks and drinks. The museum is wheelchair accessible and has a parking lot for visitors. Guided tours are available for groups of ten or more people, and the museum also hosts educational programs and workshops for children.
The Rotary Dolls Museum is located at Yagnik Road in the heart of Rajkot city. The approximate latitude and longitude of the museum are 22.3026° N, 70.8022° E.