Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary in Wayanad
Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary
The Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Wayanad district of Kerala, India. Its approximate latitude and longitude are 11.7137° N, 76.2599° E. The sanctuary is home to a variety of flora and fauna, and is a popular tourist destination for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts alike.
The nearest airport to the sanctuary is the Calicut International Airport, which is approximately 100 kilometers away. The nearest railway station is in Kozhikode, which is approximately 110 kilometers away. From there, one can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the sanctuary.
Things to Do
There are several activities that visitors can engage in while at the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Take a safari through the sanctuary to spot elephants, tigers, leopards, and other wildlife
- Go birdwatching to spot rare and endemic bird species
- Take a nature walk to explore the sanctuary's diverse flora and fauna
- Visit the Tholpetty and Muthanga wildlife sanctuaries, which are located nearby
- Take a trip to the nearby Chembra Peak, which offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape
There are several accommodation options available near the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, ranging from budget to luxury:
- Forest guesthouses
- Tented camps
It is recommended to book accommodation in advance, especially during peak tourist season.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is between the months of October and May, when the weather is pleasant and wildlife sightings are more frequent. The sanctuary is closed during the monsoon season, which lasts from June to September.
The Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in nature and wildlife. With its diverse flora and fauna, stunning landscapes, and range of activities, it offers a unique and unforgettable experience for visitors.