Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar in Pushkar
About Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar
Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar is a historic Sikh temple located in the city of Pushkar in the Indian state of Rajasthan. The temple is dedicated to Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism, and is an important pilgrimage site for Sikhs.
The temple is situated on the banks of the Pushkar Lake, which is considered to be one of the most sacred lakes in India. The temple complex consists of a main prayer hall, a langar hall, and a sarovar (holy pond) where pilgrims can take a dip to cleanse their sins.
The temple is open to people of all religions and is a symbol of communal harmony and brotherhood.
Things to Do at Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar
- Attend the daily prayers and kirtans (hymn singing) at the temple
- Take a dip in the sarovar to purify your soul
- Partake in the langar (community kitchen) where free food is served to all visitors regardless of their caste, creed or religion
- Visit the museum inside the temple complex which showcases the history of Sikhism and the life of Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- Take a walk around the Pushkar Lake and soak in the spiritual atmosphere
How to Reach Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar
Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar is located in the heart of Pushkar city and is easily accessible by road. The nearest airport is in Jaipur, which is about 150 km away, and the nearest railway station is in Ajmer, which is about 15 km away.
You can hire a taxi or take a bus from Jaipur or Ajmer to reach Pushkar. Once you reach Pushkar, the temple is located near the Pushkar Lake and can be easily reached on foot or by hiring a cycle rickshaw.
Opening Hours and Entry Fee
Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar is open to visitors every day from 5:00 am to 9:00 pm. There is no entry fee to visit the temple.
Address: Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar, Pushkar, Rajasthan, India