Visit Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry
Sri Aurobindo Ashram is a spiritual community located in the city of Pondicherry in the Indian union territory of Puducherry. It was founded by Sri Aurobindo Ghose in 1926 with the aim of promoting spiritual evolution of humanity.
The ashram is a place of pilgrimage for people from all over the world who seek spiritual growth and inner peace. It is open to visitors from 8 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 6 pm every day.
Here are some things you can do when you visit Sri Aurobindo Ashram:
- Visit the Samadhi of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother: The Samadhi is the final resting place of Sri Aurobindo and his spiritual collaborator, Mirra Alfassa, also known as the Mother. It is a place of great spiritual significance for the followers of Sri Aurobindo's teachings.
- Explore the Ashram's gardens: The Ashram has beautiful gardens that are a delight to explore. You can take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Attend the Ashram's meditation sessions: The Ashram offers daily meditation sessions that are open to the public. You can attend these sessions and experience the power of collective meditation.
- Visit the Ashram's library: The Ashram has a well-stocked library that contains books on spirituality, philosophy, and literature. You can spend some time browsing through the books and reading in the peaceful surroundings.
- Shop at the Ashram's boutiques: The Ashram has several boutiques that sell a variety of handcrafted items, including clothes, jewelry, and home decor. These items are made by the Ashram's residents and are of high quality.
The approximate latitude and longitude of Sri Aurobindo Ashram are 11.9339° N, 79.8307° E.