Visit the Independence Memorial Hall in Colombo
About the Independence Memorial Hall
The Independence Memorial Hall is a national monument located in the city of Colombo, Sri Lanka. It was built to commemorate the country's independence from British rule in 1948. The monument was designed by the famous Sri Lankan architect, Tom Neville Wynne-Jones and was completed in 1953.
The Independence Memorial Hall is also known as the Independence Square and is a popular tourist attraction in Colombo. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens and is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty of Sri Lanka.
Things to do at the Independence Memorial Hall
- Take a walk around the monument and enjoy the beautiful gardens.
- Visit the National Museum of Sri Lanka, which is located nearby.
- Take a guided tour of the monument and learn about its history.
- Attend cultural events and festivals that are held at the Independence Memorial Hall.
- Take photographs of the monument and the surrounding area.
How to get to the Independence Memorial Hall
The Independence Memorial Hall is located in the heart of Colombo, Sri Lanka. It is easily accessible by public transport or by taxi.
Address: Independence Square, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka
Latitude: 6.9087° N
Longitude: 79.8688° E