Shiraoi Forest Path in Shiraoi Area
Shiraoi Forest Path Guide
The Shiraoi Forest Path is a beautiful hiking trail located in the Shiraoi area of Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan. The trail is approximately 7km long and takes about 2-3 hours to complete. The approximate latitude and longitude of the trailhead is 42.8733° N, 141.3528° E.
- Scenic views of the Shiraoi River
- Beautiful forest scenery
- Opportunities for birdwatching
- Chance to see wildlife such as squirrels and deer
The Shiraoi Forest Path is considered a moderate difficulty trail. The trail is well-maintained but does have some steep inclines and uneven terrain. Hikers should wear appropriate footwear and be prepared for some challenging sections.
The trailhead is located at the Shiraoi Forest Path parking area. To get there, take Route 230 from Niseko towards Shiraoi. After passing through the town of Kutchan, turn left onto Route 36 towards Shiraoi. Follow Route 36 for approximately 20 minutes until you reach the Shiraoi Forest Path parking area on your left.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks
- Wear sturdy hiking shoes or boots
- Bring insect repellent during the summer months
- Be aware of wildlife and respect their space
- Stay on the designated trail to protect the environment
The Shiraoi Forest Path is a must-visit hiking trail for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts visiting the Niseko area. With its stunning scenery, moderate difficulty, and opportunities for wildlife viewing, it's a great way to experience the beauty of Hokkaido.