Shiraoi Fisherman's Wharf in Shiraoi Area
Located in the Shiraoi area of Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan, Shiraoi Fisherman's Wharf is a must-visit destination for seafood lovers. With its picturesque views of the sea and fresh seafood straight from the fishing boats, it's no wonder why locals and tourists alike flock to this place.
What to Do
Here are some of the things you can do at Shiraoi Fisherman's Wharf:
- Shop for fresh seafood at the market
- Enjoy a meal at one of the many seafood restaurants
- Take a stroll along the pier and enjoy the view
- Visit the fishing museum and learn about the local fishing industry
- Attend one of the many events held at the wharf, such as the annual seafood festival
The market at Shiraoi Fisherman's Wharf is a seafood lover's paradise. Here, you can find a wide variety of fresh seafood straight from the fishing boats, such as crab, salmon, squid, and more. You can also find souvenirs and other local products.
- Location: 〒059-0902 Hokkaido, Shiraoi-gun, Shiraoi-chō, Minatochō 1-chōme, 4番地
- Opening Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
There are many seafood restaurants at Shiraoi Fisherman's Wharf, each offering their own unique dishes and atmosphere. Some popular ones include:
- Restaurant Aji no Kura - famous for their crab dishes
- Restaurant Umizakura - known for their fresh sashimi
- Restaurant Shiosai - offers a variety of seafood dishes
Make sure to try the local specialty, "kaisendon" (seafood rice bowl), which is a bowl of rice topped with fresh seafood.
The fishing museum at Shiraoi Fisherman's Wharf showcases the history and culture of the local fishing industry. You can learn about the different types of fishing boats and equipment, as well as the various seafood that are caught in the area.
- Location: 〒059-0902 Hokkaido, Shiraoi-gun, Shiraoi-chō, Minatochō 1-chōme, 3番地
- Opening Hours: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM