Onjuku Seaside Market in Onjuku Area
About Onjuku Seaside Market
Onjuku Seaside Market is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike in the Onjuku area of Chiba, Japan. The market is located at approximately 35.1333° N, 140.7667° E and is known for its fresh seafood, local produce, and traditional Japanese snacks.
What to Do and See
- Shop for fresh seafood, including tuna, squid, and shrimp
- Browse the stalls selling fruits and vegetables grown in the Chiba area
- Try traditional Japanese snacks like takoyaki, okonomiyaki, and yakitori
- Enjoy the ocean views and take a stroll along the beach
- Visit the nearby Onjuku Surfing Beach and watch the surfers ride the waves
When to Visit
The market is open year-round, but the best time to visit is during the summer months when the weather is warm and the beach is bustling with activity. The market is busiest on weekends and holidays, so plan accordingly if you want to avoid the crowds.
How to Get There
Onjuku Seaside Market is easily accessible by train from Tokyo. Take the JR Sotobo Line from Tokyo Station to Onjuku Station (approximately 90 minutes). From there, it is a short walk to the market. If you are driving, the market is located off the Tateyama Expressway and has ample parking available.