Kumihama Bay in Fukuchiyama
Kumihama Bay, Kyoto, Japan
Kumihama Bay is a beautiful natural bay located in the Fukuchiyama city of Kyoto, Japan. It is situated on the Sea of Japan coast and is approximately 35 kilometers long and 10 kilometers wide. The approximate latitude and longitude of Kumihama Bay are 35.6412° N, 135.1805° E.
There are many activities to enjoy at Kumihama Bay. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Kayaking: Rent a kayak and explore the bay's calm waters. You can paddle around the bay and even venture out to nearby islands.
- Fishing: Fishing is a popular activity in Kumihama Bay. You can catch a variety of fish, including sea bream, flounder, and mackerel.
- Camping: There are several campsites located around the bay. You can pitch a tent and enjoy a night under the stars.
- Beachcombing: Take a stroll along the beach and search for shells, sea glass, and other treasures.
Kumihama Bay is home to several attractions that are worth visiting. Here are a few:
- Marine Park: This park is located on a small island in the bay. It features an aquarium, a dolphin show, and a sea lion show.
- Kumihama Bay Observatory: This observatory offers stunning views of the bay and the surrounding mountains.
- Kumihama Bay Bridge: This bridge spans the length of the bay and offers beautiful views of the water and the surrounding landscape.
Kumihama Bay is located about 2 hours by car from Kyoto city. There are also buses and trains that run from Kyoto to Fukuchiyama city. From there, you can take a local bus or taxi to Kumihama Bay.