Miaoli Hakka Cultural Park in Zhuolan Township Area
Miaoli Hakka Cultural Park Guide
Miaoli Hakka Cultural Park is a theme park located in the Zhuolan Township area of Miaoli, Miaoli, Taiwan. The park was opened in 2001 to promote and preserve the Hakka culture, which is one of the major ethnic groups in Taiwan. The park covers an area of 6.5 hectares and features various attractions, activities, and exhibitions related to the Hakka culture.
- Hakka Traditional Houses: The park has several traditional Hakka houses, which are made of earth and wood and have a unique architectural style. Visitors can explore the houses and learn about the Hakka lifestyle and customs.
- Hakka Cuisine: The park has a restaurant that serves authentic Hakka cuisine, such as salt-baked chicken, stuffed tofu, and lei cha (pounded tea). Visitors can also attend cooking classes and learn how to make these dishes.
- Hakka Folk Performance: The park has a stage where Hakka folk performances, such as lion dance, drumming, and singing, are held regularly. Visitors can enjoy these performances and learn about the Hakka arts and culture.
- Hakka Museum: The park has a museum that exhibits various artifacts, photographs, and documents related to the Hakka culture and history. Visitors can learn about the Hakka migration, language, religion, and customs.
- Hakka Handicrafts: The park has several workshops where visitors can learn and experience traditional Hakka handicrafts, such as bamboo weaving, straw matting, and paper cutting. Visitors can also buy souvenirs made by the Hakka artisans.
The address of Miaoli Hakka Cultural Park is No. 30-1, Zhongzheng Road, Zhuolan Township, Miaoli, Taiwan. The approximate latitude and longitude of the park are 24.5786° N, 120.8307° E.