Nantan Hiking Trails in Nantan Area
Nantan Hiking Trails - Kyoto, Japan
Located in the Nantan area of Kyoto, the Nantan Hiking Trails offer a unique opportunity to explore the beautiful natural scenery of Japan. With a variety of trails to choose from, there is something for hikers of all levels.
- Mount Atago Trail: This trail is approximately 5.5 kilometers long and takes hikers up to the summit of Mount Atago, one of the highest peaks in Kyoto. The trail is steep in places, but the views from the top are well worth the effort.
- Kurama to Kibune Trail: This trail is approximately 3 kilometers long and takes hikers through a beautiful forested area between the towns of Kurama and Kibune. Along the way, hikers can visit the Kurama-dera Temple and the Kifune Shrine.
- Hozukyo Gorge Trail: This trail is approximately 6 kilometers long and takes hikers through the scenic Hozukyo Gorge. The trail follows the path of the Hozu River and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
Tips for Hiking in Nantan
- Be sure to wear comfortable hiking shoes and bring plenty of water.
- Check the weather forecast before heading out, as some trails may be closed during inclement weather.
- Respect the natural environment and follow the principles of Leave No Trace.
- Take your time and enjoy the scenery!
Approximate latitude and longitude of the Nantan area: 35.0000° N, 135.7500° E