Shirako Nature Park in Shirako Area
Shirako Nature Park
Located in the Shirako area of Chiba, Chiba, Japan, Shirako Nature Park is a must-visit destination for nature lovers. The park covers an area of 42 hectares and is home to a variety of flora and fauna.
There are several activities that visitors can enjoy at Shirako Nature Park:
- Hiking - The park has several hiking trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Birdwatching - The park is home to over 100 species of birds, making it a great spot for birdwatching.
- Picnicking - There are several picnic areas throughout the park where visitors can relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Camping - The park has a campground that is open from April to November. Reservations are required.
Flora and Fauna
Shirako Nature Park is home to a variety of plant and animal species. Some of the most notable include:
- Japanese macaques
- Japanese serows
- Japanese giant salamanders
- Japanese black bears
- Sakura (cherry blossom) trees
- Misaka (Japanese maple) trees
The park is located at approximately 35.492°N, 140.750°E. It is easily accessible by car or public transportation. From Tokyo, take the JR Sobu Line to Chiba Station, then transfer to the JR Sotobo Line and get off at Shirako Station. From there, the park is a 15-minute walk.