Tomisato Dam in Tsumagoi Area
Tomisato Dam: A Hidden Gem in Tsumagoi, Gunma, Japan
Located in the Tsumagoi area of Gunma, Japan, Tomisato Dam is a stunning sight to behold. With its clear blue waters and picturesque surroundings, it is a popular destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
The dam was built in 1970 and spans across the Tomisato River. It has a height of 84 meters and a length of 162 meters. The reservoir created by the dam is used for irrigation and hydroelectric power generation.
Tomisato Dam is located in the Tsumagoi area of Gunma, Japan. The approximate latitude and longitude of the dam is 36.4350° N, 138.5515° E.
The easiest way to get to the dam is by car. It is about a 30-minute drive from the city of Kusatsu. There is a parking lot near the dam where visitors can park their cars.
Things to Do
There are several activities that visitors can enjoy at Tomisato Dam:
- Take a walk across the dam and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests.
- Go fishing in the reservoir created by the dam. The reservoir is home to several species of fish, including rainbow trout and Japanese eel.
- Take a boat tour of the reservoir and enjoy the peaceful scenery.
- Go hiking in the surrounding mountains. There are several trails that offer breathtaking views of the dam and the surrounding area.
- Visit the nearby hot springs and relax in the warm waters.
When to Visit
The best time to visit Tomisato Dam is during the spring and summer months, when the weather is mild and the surrounding nature is in bloom. The fall months are also a great time to visit, as the surrounding forests turn vibrant shades of orange and red.
During the winter months, the area around the dam is covered in snow and ice, making it a popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts.
Tomisato Dam is a hidden gem in the Tsumagoi area of Gunma, Japan. With its stunning views, peaceful surroundings, and variety of activities, it is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves nature and the outdoors.