Ikaho Onsen in Tsumagoi Area
Ikaho Onsen: A Guide to the Tsumagoi Area of Gunma, Japan
Ikaho Onsen is a popular hot spring resort located in the Tsumagoi area of Gunma, Japan. The area is known for its beautiful natural surroundings, including the nearby Mount Haruna and Lake Haruna.
Ikaho Onsen is located approximately 2.5 hours from Tokyo by train and bus. The closest train station is Shibukawa Station, which can be reached by taking the JR Joetsu Shinkansen from Tokyo Station. From Shibukawa Station, take a bus to Ikaho Onsen.
Things to Do
- Visit the Ikaho Stone Steps: These unique stone steps are a symbol of Ikaho Onsen. The steps are lined with souvenir shops, restaurants, and ryokans (traditional Japanese inns).
- Relax in the Hot Springs: There are many hot springs in the area, each with their own unique properties. Some of the most popular hot springs include Hara no Yu, Ko no Yu, and Momiji no Yu.
- Explore Mount Haruna: Take a hike up Mount Haruna for stunning views of the surrounding area. The mountain is also home to Haruna Shrine, a popular spot for cherry blossom viewing in the spring.
- Visit Lake Haruna: Rent a boat and explore the beautiful Lake Haruna, located just a short drive from Ikaho Onsen.
Where to Stay
There are many ryokans and hotels in the area, each offering their own unique experience. Some popular options include:
- Ikaho Green Hotel: This hotel offers traditional Japanese-style rooms and a variety of hot springs.
- Ikaho Onsen Ishidaya: This ryokan is located near the Ikaho Stone Steps and offers beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
- Tenjinpakutei: This ryokan is known for its gourmet meals and luxurious hot springs.
Ikaho Onsen is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to the Gunma area of Japan. With its beautiful natural surroundings, unique stone steps, and relaxing hot springs, Ikaho Onsen is the perfect place to unwind and experience traditional Japanese culture.