Yumigahama Beach in Nishi-Izu Area
About Yumigahama Beach
Yumigahama Beach is a beautiful and secluded beach located in the Nishi-Izu area of Mount Fuji, Shizuoka, Japan. It is known for its clear blue waters, soft white sand, and stunning views of Mount Fuji. The beach is approximately 2 kilometers long and is surrounded by lush greenery and rocky cliffs. Its approximate latitude and longitude are 34.7170° N, 138.8513° E.
Things to Do
- Swimming - The clear blue waters of Yumigahama Beach are perfect for swimming and snorkeling. The beach is also patrolled by lifeguards during the summer months.
- Surfing - Yumigahama Beach is a popular spot for surfing and has a number of surf schools and rental shops nearby.
- Hiking - The surrounding area is perfect for hiking and offers stunning views of Mount Fuji and the ocean.
- Picnicking - There are a number of picnic spots along the beach where you can relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Photography - Yumigahama Beach is a popular spot for photography and offers stunning views of Mount Fuji and the ocean.
How to Get There
Yumigahama Beach is located approximately 2 hours from Tokyo by train and bus. From Tokyo, take the JR Tokaido Shinkansen to Atami Station, then transfer to the Izu Kyuko Line and get off at Kawazu Station. From Kawazu Station, take the Izu Hakone Bus to Yumigahama Beach.
Where to Stay
There are a number of hotels and ryokans (traditional Japanese inns) in the Nishi-Izu area that offer comfortable and affordable accommodation. Some popular options include:
- Hotel Izukyu - A modern hotel located in the heart of Nishi-Izu.
- Ryokan Katsuragawa - A traditional Japanese inn located in a quiet and peaceful area.
- Resort Hotel Corte Largo - A luxurious resort hotel with stunning views of the ocean.