Nagaragawa Onsen in Gero Area
Nagaragawa Onsen Guide
Nagaragawa Onsen is a hot spring resort located in the Gero area of Gifu, Gifu, Japan. It is known for its healing properties and stunning natural surroundings.
The nearest airport is Chubu Centrair International Airport, which is about 2 hours away by car. Alternatively, you can take the train to Gero Station and then take a bus or taxi to the onsen.
There are several hotels and ryokans (traditional Japanese inns) in the area that offer accommodations. Some popular options include:
- Hotel Kusakabe Armeria
- Gero Onsen Fugaku
- Yumoto Choza
Things to Do
Aside from soaking in the hot springs, there are plenty of activities to enjoy in the area:
- Take a walk along the Nagaragawa River
- Visit the Gero Onsen Gassho Village to learn about traditional Japanese architecture
- Explore the nearby Hida-Takayama area, known for its historic streets and traditional crafts
- Hike in the surrounding mountains and enjoy the beautiful scenery
Food and Drink
The Gero area is known for its local cuisine, which includes:
- Hoba Miso, a dish made with miso paste and vegetables grilled on a magnolia leaf
- Takayama Ramen, a hearty noodle soup with local ingredients
- Hida Beef, a high-quality beef that is renowned for its marbling and flavor
Nagaragawa Onsen is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to relax and rejuvenate in a beautiful natural setting. With its healing hot springs, delicious cuisine, and endless activities, it is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.