Xinshe Sugar Factory in Hsincheng Township Area
Xinshe Sugar Factory is a historic sugar factory located in the Hsincheng Township area of Hualien, Hualien, Taiwan. It was built in 1908 during the Japanese colonial period and was one of the largest sugar factories in Taiwan at the time. Today, it has been converted into a cultural and creative park where visitors can learn about the history of sugar production in Taiwan and enjoy various activities and events.
The Xinshe Sugar Factory is located at No. 20, Xinshe Road, Hsincheng Township, Hualien County, Taiwan. The approximate latitude and longitude of the factory are 23.9587° N, 121.5522° E.
What to Do
Visitors to the Xinshe Sugar Factory can enjoy a variety of activities and events, including:
- Guided tours of the factory to learn about the history of sugar production in Taiwan.
- Visiting the museum to see exhibits on the history of the factory and sugar production in Taiwan.
- Exploring the cultural and creative park, which features shops, restaurants, and performance venues.
- Participating in workshops and classes on sugar art, pottery, and other crafts.
- Attending events and festivals, such as the annual Sugar Festival, which features live music, food vendors, and other activities.
Opening Hours and Admission
The Xinshe Sugar Factory is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. Admission to the cultural and creative park is free, but there may be fees for workshops, classes, and special events.
The Xinshe Sugar Factory is located about 20 minutes by car from downtown Hualien. Visitors can also take a bus from Hualien Train Station to Hsincheng Township, where they can transfer to a local bus or taxi to the factory.