Shirahama Aquarium in Shirahama Area
About Shirahama Aquarium
Shirahama Aquarium is located in the Shirahama area of Wakayama, Wakayama, Japan. It is a popular attraction for tourists and locals alike. The aquarium is home to a variety of sea creatures, including sharks, rays, turtles, and many types of fish. Visitors can also enjoy dolphin and sea lion shows, as well as feeding demonstrations.
The aquarium is open year-round, with varying hours depending on the season. Admission fees also vary depending on age and activities.
Approximate latitude and longitude of Shirahama Aquarium: 33.6819° N, 135.3481° E
Shirahama Aquarium has many interesting exhibits for visitors to enjoy. Some of the highlights include:
- Shark tank - Visitors can see various species of sharks up close.
- Ray pool - Visitors can touch and feed the rays in this interactive exhibit.
- Turtle tank - Visitors can see several species of sea turtles and learn about their conservation.
- Jellyfish exhibit - Visitors can see many types of jellyfish and learn about their unique characteristics.
- Octopus tank - Visitors can see octopuses and learn about their intelligence and hunting abilities.
Shows and Demonstrations
Shirahama Aquarium offers several shows and feeding demonstrations for visitors to enjoy. Some of the popular ones include:
- Dolphin show - Visitors can watch the dolphins perform tricks and stunts.
- Sea lion show - Visitors can see the sea lions show off their agility and intelligence.
- Feeding demonstrations - Visitors can see the aquarium's staff feed various sea creatures and learn about their diets.
Here are some tips to help make your visit to Shirahama Aquarium more enjoyable:
- Check the aquarium's website for hours and admission fees before you go.
- Arrive early to avoid crowds and see the shows and demonstrations.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as there is a lot of walking involved.
- Bring a camera to capture the amazing sea creatures and shows.
- Don't miss the chance to touch and feed the rays in the ray pool.