Yilan Distillery Chia Chi Lan Wine Museum in Luodong Township Area
The Yilan Distillery Chia Chi Lan Wine Museum is located in the Luodong Township area of Yilan, Yilan, Taiwan. It is approximately at latitude 24.6961° N, longitude 121.7526° E.
About the Museum
The museum is situated in a former distillery that was established in 1909 during the Japanese occupation of Taiwan. The distillery produced a variety of alcoholic beverages, including sake, beer, and whisky. In 2002, the distillery was converted into a museum to showcase the history and culture of the alcohol industry in Taiwan.
- History of the distillery and the alcohol industry in Taiwan
- Production process of different alcoholic beverages
- Collection of vintage alcohol bottles and labels
- Interactive displays and games
- Tasting room where visitors can sample different types of alcohol
Events and Activities
The museum also hosts various events and activities throughout the year, including:
- Whisky and wine tasting events
- Distillery tours
- Workshops on making traditional Taiwanese alcohol
- Cultural performances and exhibitions
The museum is open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Admission is free, but there is a fee for tastings and tours. The museum is easily accessible by car or public transportation. Parking is available on-site.