Myit Sone in Myitkyina Area
Myit Sone is a unique and beautiful place located in the Myitkyina area of Myitkyina, Kachin, Myanmar. It is the confluence of the two great rivers, Mali and N'mai, which then form the mighty Irrawaddy River. The approximate latitude and longitude of Myit Sone is 25.8269° N, 97.3551° E.
Things to do in Myit Sone
- Take a boat ride on the Irrawaddy River and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests.
- Visit the Myit Sone Pagoda, which is located on a hill overlooking the confluence of the rivers. The pagoda is a popular destination for both locals and tourists.
- Explore the nearby villages and learn about the traditional Kachin way of life. You can also try local delicacies such as Kachin noodles and bamboo shoot curry.
- Hike to the top of the nearby hills for panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- Attend the Kachin Manaw Festival, which is held in Myitkyina every year in January. The festival celebrates the Kachin culture and traditions and is a great opportunity to experience the local way of life.
How to get to Myit Sone
Myit Sone is located about 45 kilometers north of Myitkyina. You can hire a taxi or a motorbike from Myitkyina to reach there. The road to Myit Sone is scenic and passes through beautiful forests and villages.
Where to stay in Myitkyina
There are several hotels and guesthouses in Myitkyina that cater to all budgets. Some of the popular options include:
- Naungmoon Hotel
- Shwe Phyu Hotel
- Garden Palace Hotel
- Mali Hotel
Whether you are interested in nature, culture, or just want to relax and enjoy the scenery, Myit Sone is a must-visit destination in Myanmar. Plan your trip today and experience the beauty of this unique place.