Visit the Maing Thauk Village in Nyaung Shwe Area
Visit the Maing Thauk Village in Inle Lake, Shan, Myanmar
If you're planning a trip to Inle Lake in Myanmar, make sure to visit the Maing Thauk Village. This charming village is located in the Nyaung Shwe area of Inle Lake and offers a unique glimpse into the local culture and way of life.
The Maing Thauk Village is located on the eastern side of Inle Lake and can be accessed by boat. If you're staying in the nearby town of Nyaung Shwe, you can hire a boat from one of the many tour operators or hotels. The journey takes around 30 minutes and offers stunning views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
Things to Do
Once you arrive in Maing Thauk Village, you'll be greeted by friendly locals and a laid-back atmosphere. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Explore the Village: Take a leisurely stroll through the village and admire the traditional wooden houses and stilted buildings. You'll also see locals going about their daily routines, such as fishing and farming.
- Visit the Monastery: The village has a beautiful monastery that is open to visitors. Take off your shoes and step inside to admire the intricate carvings and colorful murals.
- Try Local Cuisine: There are several small restaurants and food stalls in the village where you can try local dishes such as Shan noodles and tea leaf salad.
- Take a Boat Ride: Hire a boat and explore the surrounding area, including the floating gardens and other nearby villages.
- Learn a Local Craft: Maing Thauk Village is known for its traditional silk weaving. Visit one of the local workshops and learn how to weave your own silk scarf or shawl.
When to Go
The best time to visit Maing Thauk Village is between November and February, when the weather is cool and dry. However, the village is charming year-round and can be visited at any time.
Visiting Maing Thauk Village is a must-do activity for anyone traveling to Inle Lake. You'll experience the local culture and way of life in a unique and authentic way. So, make sure to add this charming village to your itinerary!