Asahikawa City Museum in Higashikawa Area
Asahikawa City Museum
The Asahikawa City Museum is located in the Higashikawa area of Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan. It is a popular attraction for both locals and tourists who are interested in the history and culture of Asahikawa and Hokkaido.
The museum has a variety of exhibitions that showcase the history and culture of Asahikawa and Hokkaido. Some of the exhibitions include:
- The Ainu Culture Exhibition, which displays the traditional clothing, tools, and artwork of the Ainu people.
- The Asahikawa History Exhibition, which shows the development of Asahikawa from a small village to a modern city.
- The Hokkaido Nature Exhibition, which features the flora and fauna of Hokkaido.
- The Industrial Exhibition, which displays the products and technologies that have been developed in Asahikawa and Hokkaido.
The museum has a number of facilities that make it a comfortable and convenient place to visit. Some of the facilities include:
- A cafe that serves drinks and light snacks.
- A gift shop that sells souvenirs and local products.
- A library that has a collection of books and documents related to Asahikawa and Hokkaido.
- A lecture hall that is used for events and presentations.
The Asahikawa City Museum is located at 6 Chome-1-1 Higashikawa, Asahikawa, Hokkaido 078-8205, Japan. Its approximate latitude and longitude are 43.7468° N, 142.4013° E.
Hours and Admission
The museum is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM every day except Mondays and holidays. Admission is 500 yen for adults, 300 yen for high school and college students, and free for children under 15 years old.
The Asahikawa City Museum is a must-visit destination for anyone who wants to learn more about the history and culture of Asahikawa and Hokkaido. With its fascinating exhibitions and convenient facilities, it is sure to be a memorable experience for all visitors.