Sounkyo Hot Spring in Higashikawa Area
About Sounkyo Hot Spring
Sounkyo Hot Spring is located in the Higashikawa area of Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan. It is a popular hot spring resort with a history of over 100 years. The hot spring water is rich in minerals and is said to be effective for various ailments such as neuralgia, muscle pain, and fatigue. The surrounding area is also known for its beautiful scenery, with steep cliffs and waterfalls.
- Approximate latitude: 43.7333° N
- Approximate longitude: 142.9833° E
Things to do
- Soak in the hot springs: There are several hot spring facilities in Sounkyo, each with their own unique atmosphere and features.
- Hiking: The surrounding area has many hiking trails with varying difficulty levels, offering stunning views of the scenery.
- Waterfall viewing: Sounkyo has several waterfalls, including the Ginga and Ryusei Waterfalls, which are illuminated at night.
- Skiing: In the winter, Sounkyo is a popular ski resort with several ski slopes and facilities.
How to get there
From Asahikawa Station, take the Dohoku Bus to Sounkyo. The bus ride takes approximately 90 minutes and costs around 2,000 yen. Alternatively, you can rent a car and drive to Sounkyo, which takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.