Asahiyama Zoo in Higashikawa Area
About Asahiyama Zoo
Asahiyama Zoo is located in the Higashikawa area of Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan. It was opened in 1967 and has since become one of the most popular tourist attractions in Hokkaido. The zoo is known for its unique and interactive exhibits, which allow visitors to get up close and personal with the animals.
Asahiyama Zoo has a wide variety of exhibits, including:
- Penguin Parade: Watch as the penguins march around the zoo.
- Polar Bear Tank: See the polar bears swim and play in their tank.
- Wolf Forest: Observe the wolves in their natural habitat.
- Arctic Fox Enclosure: Get a close-up look at the arctic foxes.
- Seal Pool: Watch the seals swim and perform tricks.
- Red Panda Forest: See the adorable red pandas up close.
- Monkey Mountain: Observe the monkeys as they climb and play.
- Tiger Forest: See the tigers in their natural habitat.
Asahiyama Zoo is known for its interactive exhibits, which allow visitors to get closer to the animals than ever before. Some of the interactive exhibits include:
- Glass Tunnel: Walk through a tunnel surrounded by swimming penguins.
- Animal Shows: Watch as the animals perform tricks and interact with their trainers.
- Feeding Time: Watch as the animals are fed and learn about their diets.
- Touch Pool: Touch and interact with sea creatures in a shallow pool.
- Monkey Run: Walk through a cage filled with monkeys.
Asahiyama Zoo is located at 〒071-1472 Hokkaido, Asahikawa, Higashiasahikawachō, Kuranuma, 旭山動物園. The approximate latitude and longitude is 43.7393° N, 142.4814° E.
Opening Hours and Admission
Asahiyama Zoo is open daily from 9:30am to 4:00pm from mid-April to November, and from 10:30am to 3:00pm from December to mid-April. Admission is 820 yen for adults, 410 yen for children, and free for children under 6 years old.
Asahiyama Zoo is a must-visit attraction for anyone visiting Hokkaido. With its unique and interactive exhibits, it offers a fun and educational experience for visitors of all ages. Be sure to plan your visit in advance and arrive early to avoid the crowds.