Visit the Kaohsiung Aquarium in Siaogang District Area
About the Aquarium
The Kaohsiung Aquarium is located in the Siaogang District of Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. It is one of the largest aquariums in Asia, with over 12000 aquatic animals and 380 different species. The aquarium covers an area of 17 hectares and has 27 exhibition tanks, each showcasing a different marine environment.
The aquarium has a variety of exhibitions that showcase marine life from around the world. Some of the highlights include:
- The Coral Kingdom - featuring over 200 species of coral and colorful tropical fish
- The Deep Sea - showcasing deep sea creatures such as giant octopuses and bioluminescent fish
- The Penguin House - home to a colony of adorable penguins
- The Amazon Rainforest - featuring exotic fish and other animals from the Amazon River basin
- The Touch Pool - where visitors can touch and interact with starfish, sea urchins, and other creatures
Hours and Admission
The aquarium is open daily from 9am to 5pm. Admission is NT$450 for adults and NT$225 for children aged 3-12. Children under 3 are free. There are also discounts for seniors and students.
The aquarium is located at No. 30, Lianhai Road, Siaogang District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. The approximate latitude and longitude are 22.5665° N, 120.3079° E. The easiest way to get there is by taking the MRT to Siaogang Station and then transferring to the Kaohsiung Light Rail to the Aquarium Station.