Explore the Pier-2 Art Center in Siaogang District Area
Explore the Pier-2 Art Center in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
The Pier-2 Art Center is located in the Siaogang District area of Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. It is an exciting and interesting place to visit for art lovers and those who appreciate creativity and innovation.
The approximate latitude and longitude of the Pier-2 Art Center is 22.6185° N, 120.2831° E.
History of the Pier-2 Art Center
The Pier-2 Art Center was once a warehouse and cargo handling area for the Kaohsiung Harbor. However, in 2001, the Kaohsiung City government decided to transform the area into a space for art and culture. The Pier-2 Art Center officially opened in 2006 and has since become a popular attraction for locals and tourists alike.
What to see at the Pier-2 Art Center
The Pier-2 Art Center is home to a variety of art exhibitions, installations, and performances. Some of the highlights include:
- The Pier-2 Art Center Open Air Music Hall
- The Pier-2 Art Center Dream Mall
- The Pier-2 Art Center Design Gallery
- The Pier-2 Art Center Artist Village
Visitors can also enjoy the beautiful waterfront views and take a stroll through the outdoor art installations.
Getting to the Pier-2 Art Center
The Pier-2 Art Center is easily accessible by public transportation. Visitors can take the Kaohsiung MRT to the Yanchengpu Station and then transfer to the Pier-2 Art Center Shuttle Bus. Alternatively, visitors can take a taxi or ride a bike to the center.
Tips for visiting the Pier-2 Art Center
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking involved.
- Bring a camera to capture the beautiful artwork and scenery.
- Check the schedule for any upcoming events or performances.
- Bring cash as some of the vendors and food stalls may not accept credit cards.
- Visit during the weekday to avoid crowds.
Overall, the Pier-2 Art Center is a must-visit destination for anyone visiting Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It offers a unique and memorable experience for art enthusiasts and those looking for something different to do.