Visit the Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum in Siaogang District Area
The Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum is a must-visit attraction in Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. Located in the Siaogang District, the museum is one of the largest Buddhist museums in the world and offers a unique cultural experience for visitors.
What to Expect
Here are some of the highlights of the museum:
- The Great Buddha Land - a vast outdoor area with over 300 Buddha statues
- The Main Hall - a stunning building with a 36-meter-tall golden Buddha statue
- The Jade Buddha Shrine - a beautiful shrine with a jade Buddha statue from Myanmar
- The Tripitaka Library - a collection of Buddhist sutras and artifacts from around the world
- The Merit Field - a place to make offerings and pray for blessings
Visitors can also enjoy vegetarian meals at the museum's restaurant, shop for souvenirs at the gift shop, and attend cultural events and performances.
The museum is located at No. 1, Tongling Rd., Dashu District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. The approximate latitude and longitude are 22.6818° N, 120.3999° E.
There are several ways to get to the museum:
- By car - there is a large parking lot available for visitors
- By public transportation - take the MRT to Siaogang Station and transfer to bus route 8501 or 8502
- By shuttle bus - the museum offers a shuttle bus service from Kaohsiung City and other locations
Admission and Hours
The museum is open daily from 9am to 5pm. Admission is free, but donations are welcome. Guided tours are available in multiple languages for a fee.
Visiting the Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum is a unique and enriching experience that should not be missed. Whether you are a Buddhist or simply interested in learning more about the culture and history of Taiwan, this museum is sure to leave a lasting impression.