Kusatsu Onsen in Kusatsu Area
Kusatsu Onsen: A Must-Visit Destination in Gunma, Japan
Kusatsu Onsen is a popular hot spring resort located in the Kusatsu area of Gunma, Japan. It is known for its high-quality hot springs that are rich in minerals and have therapeutic properties. The town of Kusatsu is situated at an altitude of 1,200 meters above sea level and is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery, making it a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Kusatsu Onsen can be reached by taking a train from Tokyo to Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi Station, which takes approximately 2 hours. From there, you can take a bus or taxi to Kusatsu Onsen. Alternatively, you can take a direct bus from Tokyo to Kusatsu Onsen, which takes approximately 4 hours.
Things to Do
There are plenty of things to do in Kusatsu Onsen, including:
- Relaxing in the hot springs
- Exploring the town and its traditional architecture
- Visiting Yubatake, the main source of hot spring water
- Trying local delicacies, such as onsen tamago (hot spring eggs) and onsen manju (sweet buns)
- Hiking in the surrounding mountains
There are many accommodation options in Kusatsu Onsen, ranging from traditional Japanese inns (ryokan) to modern hotels. Some popular options include:
- Kusatsu Now Resort Hotel: A modern hotel with a hot spring bath and a variety of amenities
- Kusatsu Onsen Ryokan Yoshinoya: A traditional Japanese inn with hot spring baths and Japanese-style rooms
- Kusatsu Onsen Daitokan: A historic ryokan with a hot spring bath and a beautiful garden
Kusatsu Onsen is a beautiful and relaxing destination that offers a unique cultural experience. Whether you're looking to soak in the hot springs, explore the town, or enjoy the natural scenery, Kusatsu Onsen is a must-visit destination in Gunma, Japan.
Latitude: 36.6205° N
Longitude: 138.5940° E