Dotonbori in Chuo Ward Area
Dotonbori is a bustling street in the Chuo Ward area of Osaka, Japan. It is known for its vibrant nightlife, delicious food, and iconic landmarks.
The approximate latitude and longitude of Dotonbori is 34.6683° N, 135.5019° E.
Things to Do
- Take a photo with the famous Glico Running Man sign, which has been an icon of Dotonbori since 1935.
- Try some of Osaka's famous street food, such as takoyaki (octopus balls), okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake), and kushikatsu (deep-fried skewers).
- Watch a kabuki performance at the famous Kabuki-za theater.
- Shop at the many stores and boutiques along the street, including popular Japanese fashion brands.
- Visit the Hozenji Temple, a peaceful oasis in the midst of the bustling city.
- Take a boat ride down the Dotonbori Canal, which offers a unique perspective of the area.
Dotonbori comes alive at night, with neon lights and vibrant energy. Some popular nightlife spots include:
- Amerikamura, a hip area with trendy bars and clubs.
- Club Pure, a popular nightclub with multiple floors and a rooftop terrace.
- Bar Nayuta, a cozy bar with a wide selection of Japanese whiskey.
- Sam and Dave One, a lively bar with live music and a friendly atmosphere.
Overall, Dotonbori is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Osaka. With its unique blend of tradition and modernity, it offers a glimpse into the heart of Japanese culture.