Niigata Furusato Village in Niigata Central Area
Niigata Furusato Village
Niigata Furusato Village is a popular tourist destination located in the Niigata Central area of Niigata, Niigata, Japan. It is a village that showcases the traditional culture of Japan and is a must-visit place for anyone who wants to experience the rich cultural heritage of the country.
Location and How to Get There
Niigata Furusato Village is located at 2 Chome-3-20 Shukunegi, Niigata, Niigata 950-2112, Japan. Its approximate latitude and longitude are 37.9502° N, 139.1997° E. The village can be accessed by train, bus or car.
Attractions and Activities
There are several attractions and activities in Niigata Furusato Village that visitors can enjoy. These include:
- Traditional Japanese Houses: The village has several traditional Japanese houses that visitors can explore. These houses are made of wood and have thatched roofs, giving visitors a glimpse of what life was like in Japan centuries ago.
- Local Food: Niigata Furusato Village is known for its delicious local food, including rice, sake, and seafood. Visitors can enjoy these delicacies at the various restaurants in the village.
- Festivals: The village hosts several festivals throughout the year, including the Shukunegi Matsuri, which takes place in August and features traditional Japanese music, dance, and food.
- Workshops: Visitors can participate in workshops where they can learn traditional Japanese crafts such as pottery, weaving, and calligraphy.
- Nature Trails: Niigata Furusato Village is surrounded by beautiful nature trails that visitors can explore. The trails offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests.
There are several accommodation options in Niigata Furusato Village, including traditional Japanese inns and modern hotels. Visitors can choose from a range of options depending on their budget and preferences.
Niigata Furusato Village is a unique and fascinating destination that offers visitors a glimpse into Japan's rich cultural heritage. With its traditional Japanese houses, delicious local food, and beautiful nature trails, the village is a must-visit place for anyone traveling to Niigata, Japan.