Niigata City Aquarium Marinepia Nihonkai in Niigata Central Area
About the Aquarium
Niigata City Aquarium Marinepia Nihonkai is located in the Niigata Central area of Niigata, Niigata, Japan. Its approximate latitude and longitude is 37.9259° N, 139.0480° E. The aquarium opened in 1970 and is one of the largest aquariums in Japan. It has over 700 species of marine life and a variety of exhibits and shows.
- The Dolphin Stadium - where visitors can watch dolphins perform tricks and stunts.
- The Penguin House - where visitors can see various species of penguins.
- The Giant Tank - where visitors can see a variety of fish, including sharks and rays.
- The Coral Tank - where visitors can see colorful coral and tropical fish.
- The Jellyfish Tank - where visitors can see mesmerizing jellyfish.
- The Sea Otter Tank - where visitors can see playful sea otters.
- Dolphin Show - a 20-minute show featuring dolphins performing various tricks and stunts.
- Sea Lion Show - a 20-minute show featuring sea lions performing various tricks and stunts.
- Penguin Parade - a 10-minute parade where penguins walk around the aquarium.
- Feeding Time - visitors can watch the aquarium staff feed the animals.
Hours and Admission
The aquarium is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Admission is 2,000 yen for adults and 1,000 yen for children. There are also discounts for groups and senior citizens.
The aquarium is located about a 10-minute walk from Niigata Station. Visitors can also take the bus or taxi to get there.