Umeda Sky Building in Shin Osaka Area
If you're looking for a unique and exciting experience in Osaka, look no further than the Umeda Sky Building. This iconic landmark towers over the city's skyline at 173 meters tall and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding area. Whether you're a first-time visitor to Osaka or a seasoned traveler, a trip to the Umeda Sky Building is a must-see attraction.
The Umeda Sky Building is located in the Shin Osaka area of Osaka, approximately 10 minutes by foot from Osaka Station. If you're coming from elsewhere in the city, take the Midosuji subway line to Umeda Station and follow the signs to the building.
What to See and Do
- Take the escalator ride to the Floating Garden Observatory on the 39th floor, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the city and surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Takimi Koji gourmet street on the basement level, where you can sample a wide variety of Japanese cuisine in a retro-style atmosphere.
- Check out the Tenku no Noen rooftop garden on the 40th floor, which features a farm-to-table restaurant and stunning views of the city.
- Take a ride on the "Elevator to the Future" to experience a futuristic virtual reality display.
- Stop by the souvenir shop on the 35th floor to pick up some unique gifts and souvenirs.
Hours and Admission
The Umeda Sky Building is open daily from 10:00am to 10:30pm, with last admission at 10:00pm. Admission to the Floating Garden Observatory is 1,500 yen for adults and 700 yen for children. Tickets for the "Elevator to the Future" and other attractions can be purchased separately.
The Umeda Sky Building is a must-see attraction in Osaka, offering stunning views of the city and a wide variety of experiences for visitors of all ages. Whether you're interested in gourmet food, virtual reality displays, or simply enjoying the view from the top of one of Japan's most iconic buildings, the Umeda Sky Building is sure to be a highlight of your trip to Osaka.