Museum of Hiroshima Prefecture in Naka Ward Area
Museum of Hiroshima Prefecture
The Museum of Hiroshima Prefecture is located in the Naka Ward area of Hiroshima, Hiroshima, Japan. Its exact address is 3-1 Motomachi, Naka Ward, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture 730-0011, Japan. The approximate latitude and longitude of the museum is 34.3917° N, 132.4553° E.
About the Museum
The Museum of Hiroshima Prefecture was established in 1968 and is dedicated to preserving and promoting the cultural heritage of Hiroshima Prefecture. The museum has a vast collection of artifacts that showcase the history and culture of the region, including ancient pottery, samurai swords, and traditional costumes.
The museum has several permanent and temporary exhibitions. The permanent exhibitions include:
- The History of Hiroshima Prefecture
- The Culture of Hiroshima Prefecture
- The Natural History of Hiroshima Prefecture
- The Art of Hiroshima Prefecture
The temporary exhibitions showcase different themes and topics related to the history and culture of the region. These exhibitions change regularly, so visitors can always expect something new and exciting.
The Museum of Hiroshima Prefecture has several facilities that make it a comfortable and enjoyable place to visit. These include:
- A gift shop where visitors can purchase souvenirs and local crafts
- A café where visitors can relax and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea
- An auditorium where lectures, concerts, and other events are held
- A library where visitors can access books and materials related to the history and culture of the region
Visiting the Museum
The Museum of Hiroshima Prefecture is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm every day except Mondays. Admission is 300 yen for adults and 150 yen for students. Children under 18 and seniors over 65 can enter for free. The museum is easily accessible by public transportation, with several bus and tram stops nearby.
The Museum of Hiroshima Prefecture is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in the history and culture of the region. With its vast collection of artifacts, interesting exhibitions, and comfortable facilities, the museum offers a unique and exciting experience for visitors of all ages.