Qijin Island in Cianjin District Area
Explore Qijin Island in Kaohsiung City
Qijin Island is a small island located in the Cianjin District area of Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. It is a popular tourist destination that offers a unique blend of traditional culture, stunning natural beauty, and modern amenities.
How to Get There
Qijin Island is accessible by taking a ferry from the Gushan Ferry Pier in Kaohsiung City. The ferry ride takes about 10 minutes and costs around NT$15. The island is also accessible by car or scooter via the Qijin Tunnel.
Things to Do
- Visit the Qijin Old Street: This street is lined with traditional Taiwanese food stalls, souvenir shops, and street performers. It is a great place to sample local delicacies and experience the island's unique culture.
- Relax on the Beach: Qijin Island is home to several beautiful beaches, including the popular Qijin Beach. Visitors can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Explore the Qijin Lighthouse: The Qijin Lighthouse is a historic landmark that offers stunning views of the island and the surrounding sea. Visitors can climb to the top of the lighthouse for a panoramic view.
- Visit the Qijin Wind Power Park: This park is home to several wind turbines that generate renewable energy. Visitors can learn about the benefits of renewable energy and enjoy a scenic walk around the park.
- Try the Seafood: Qijin Island is famous for its fresh seafood, including shrimp, crab, and fish. Visitors can enjoy a seafood feast at one of the many restaurants on the island.
Where to Stay
Qijin Island has several hotels and guesthouses that offer comfortable accommodations for visitors. Some popular options include the Qijin Seaside Hotel and the Qijin Romantic Sea View B&B.
Qijin Island is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Kaohsiung City. With its unique culture, stunning natural beauty, and modern amenities, it offers something for everyone. So pack your bags and head to Qijin Island today!