Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in Songshan District Area
Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in Taipei
The Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall is located in the Songshan District area of Taipei, Taipei City, Taiwan. Its approximate coordinates are 25.0428° N, 121.5654° E.
About the Memorial Hall
The Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall is a national monument in Taiwan dedicated to the founding father of the Republic of China, Sun Yat-sen. It was completed in 1972 and covers an area of 29.5 hectares. The Memorial Hall consists of several buildings and features a large park with gardens, ponds, and walking paths.
Things to See and Do
- Visit the main hall, which houses a bronze statue of Sun Yat-sen and his presidential office.
- Admire the architecture of the Memorial Hall, which combines traditional Chinese and modern elements.
- Watch the changing of the guard ceremony, which takes place every hour.
- Explore the park and its various attractions, such as the Plum Garden, the Chrysanthemum Garden, and the Zhongshan Garden.
- Attend cultural events and performances at the Memorial Hall's auditorium and exhibition center.
- The Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall is open daily from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Admission is free.
- The Memorial Hall can be easily reached by public transportation, such as the MRT (Taipei City Hall Station) and bus.
- Guided tours are available in English and other languages.
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes and bring sunscreen and water.