Raohe Night Market in Songshan District Area
About Raohe Night Market
Raohe Night Market is one of the oldest and most popular night markets in Taipei, with a history of more than 100 years. It is located in the Songshan District area of Taipei, Taipei City, Taiwan, and is easily accessible by MRT or bus. The market is famous for its wide variety of food stalls, selling everything from traditional Taiwanese snacks to international cuisine. In addition to food, there are also stalls selling clothing, accessories, and souvenirs.
What to Eat
There are so many delicious food options at Raohe Night Market that it can be overwhelming. Here are some must-try dishes:
- Black Pepper Buns - a crispy bun filled with juicy pork and black pepper sauce
- Stinky Tofu - a pungent, fermented tofu that is a Taiwanese specialty
- Oyster Vermicelli - a soup with vermicelli noodles, oysters, and vegetables
- Beef Noodle Soup - a hearty soup with tender beef, noodles, and vegetables
- Bubble Tea - a sweet tea drink with chewy tapioca balls
What to Do
In addition to eating, there are some fun activities to do at Raohe Night Market:
- Play Games - there are many game stalls where you can win prizes
- Get a Massage - there are several massage parlors where you can relax and unwind
- Shop for Souvenirs - there are many stalls selling unique gifts and souvenirs
When to Go
Raohe Night Market is open every night from 5pm to midnight. It can get very crowded on weekends and holidays, so it is best to go during the week if possible. The market is also very lively during the Lunar New Year, with special decorations and events.
How to Get There
The address of Raohe Night Market is: Raohe Street, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan
The approximate latitude and longitude is: 25.0502° N, 121.5774° E
The easiest way to get to Raohe Night Market is by MRT. Take the Blue Line to the Songshan Station, then take Exit 5 and walk for about 5 minutes. You can also take bus numbers 204, 260, 265, 284, 611, or 612 to the market.