Daio Wasabi Farm in Matsumoto
About Daio Wasabi Farm
Daio Wasabi Farm is a popular tourist attraction located in the Matsumoto city of Nagano, Japan. The farm is known for its vast fields of wasabi, a plant that is commonly used in Japanese cuisine. The farm covers an area of approximately 15 hectares and is one of the largest wasabi farms in Japan.
Location and Directions
The approximate latitude and longitude of Daio Wasabi Farm is 36.2195° N, 137.9669° E. The farm is easily accessible by train, bus or car. If you are coming by train, take the JR Oito Line and get off at Hotaka Station. From there, take the Alpico Bus to Daio Wasabi Farm (approx. 20-minute ride). If you are driving, the farm is located about 10 minutes from the Hotaka Interchange on the Nagano Expressway.
Things to Do at Daio Wasabi Farm
There are many things to do at Daio Wasabi Farm, making it a great destination for families, couples, and solo travelers. Here are some of the top activities:
- Take a tour of the wasabi fields
- Visit the wasabi museum and learn about the history and cultivation of wasabi
- Try wasabi-flavored snacks and drinks at the farm's restaurant
- Buy fresh wasabi and other souvenirs at the gift shop
- Take a relaxing stroll around the farm's ponds and gardens
- Try catching some trout in the farm's ponds
Here are some tips to make the most of your visit to Daio Wasabi Farm:
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking involved
- Visit during the summer months when the wasabi plants are at their peak
- Bring cash as some of the shops and restaurants do not accept credit cards
- Try the wasabi ice cream, it's a unique and delicious treat!