Haw Par Villa in Singapore
Haw Par Villa, also known as Tiger Balm Gardens, is a theme park located in Singapore. It was built in 1937 by the brothers Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par, who were the creators of the famous Tiger Balm ointment.
The park is famous for its over 1,000 statues and dioramas that depict scenes from Chinese mythology, folklore, and history. Visitors can explore the park and learn about Chinese culture and traditions through these exhibits.
Things to Do
- Explore the various exhibits and learn about Chinese mythology and folklore.
- Take a walk through the Ten Courts of Hell, which depicts the punishments in the afterlife according to Chinese beliefs.
- Climb the 10-storey pagoda for a panoramic view of the park and the surrounding area.
- Watch a live performance of Chinese opera or puppetry.
- Visit the Tiger Balm Museum to learn about the history of the famous ointment.
Haw Par Villa is located at 262 Pasir Panjang Road, Singapore 118628.
You can get there by taking the MRT to Haw Par Villa station (CC25) on the Circle Line. From there, it's a 5-minute walk to the park.
The park is open every day from 9am to 7pm.
Admission to the park is free.