Merlion Park in Singapore
Merlion Park Guide - Singapore
Merlion Park is one of the most iconic tourist destinations in Singapore. It is located at Fullerton Road, Marina Bay, Singapore 049212 with an approximate latitude of 1.2868° N and longitude of 103.8545° E.
What is Merlion Park?
Merlion Park is a famous landmark in Singapore that features a statue of a mythical creature called the Merlion. The Merlion is a half-lion, half-fish creature that represents the city's history as a fishing village and its transformation into a modern metropolis.
What to do in Merlion Park?
Merlion Park offers a lot of activities for tourists. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Take a photo with the Merlion statue - This is the most popular activity in Merlion Park. You can take a photo with the iconic Merlion statue as your backdrop.
- Watch the Merlion light and sound show - At night, the Merlion statue lights up and a sound show starts. It's a beautiful spectacle that you shouldn't miss.
- Enjoy the view of Marina Bay - Merlion Park offers a stunning view of Marina Bay. You can sit on the benches and enjoy the scenery.
- Try local street food - There are several food stalls in Merlion Park that offer local street food. You can try some of Singapore's famous dishes like Hainanese chicken rice, laksa, and satay.
- Shop for souvenirs - There are several souvenir shops in Merlion Park that offer unique Singaporean items like keychains, magnets, and t-shirts.
How to get there?
Merlion Park is easily accessible by public transportation. You can take the MRT and alight at Raffles Place Station (NS26/EW14). From there, it's a 10-minute walk to Merlion Park. You can also take the bus and alight at the Fullerton Hotel bus stop (03011).
Merlion Park is a must-visit destination in Singapore. It offers a unique experience that you won't find anywhere else. Whether you're a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, Merlion Park should be on your itinerary.